Friesen Family of FIVE

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

"Lent offers us all a very special opportunity to grow in our relationship with God and to deepen our commitment to a way of life, rooted in our baptism. In our busy world, Lent provides us with an opportunity to reflect upon our patterns, to pray more deeply, experience sorrow for what we've done and failed to do, and to be generous to those in need." Love this because it was a great starting point for me this morning. Thankful for a Father who is so full of grace and mercy and also continues to pursue me. I am the type of person that loves structure and this whole Lent season is that for me. It develops a habit that helps me to see what is important - a cleanse for the spirit. Love it! I was so encouraged by my Father who showed me His love this morning! Allowing time for God to have my attention - complete attention for 40 days will encourage me to be more mindful of it all year... I don't even care if it becomes 'legalistic' -at least I'm doing it - I know myself enough to know that I can justify slacking very quickly... gotta be careful so that is why I want to be rigid about it because first of all God desires and deserves all of me and if I want to or not I'm giving it all - as much as I know how... So let me encourage you in your Lent season - feel, see, touch, experience God in all forms, Father, Son and Spirit! He wants all of you and in turn you get HIM in and through your life... pretty good trade I would say!

No comments: