Friesen Family of FIVE

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Perspective

I've always been one to feel sorry for myself (quietly of course~until now I wouldn't have admitted it but you know this terrible 'honesty' thing I have going on) and today I was doing just that. As a child my dad would often say "Should I bake you a cake?" and I knew what that meant. He was suggesting that I was having a pity party and well every good party needs a cake!! I have been feeling like we're stuck - not sure if we should walk forward, sideways or backward or if we're missing God's leading, His speaking, His direction. My sister said it well when she used the words "Holding Pattern". I would love to know what He has for us but in waiting I need to worship, live and cherish. I'm not doing any of those things. I'm getting frustrated, annoyed and frazzled instead (just looking at that makes me shake my head - why would I choose the last 3 instead of the first 3)... And so in seeking some perspective before I head to bed I read a blog that I love...http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.ca. Enough said. Tonight I will go to bed with thankfulness in my heart and a quiet spirit to hear God speak and tomorrow I will wake with gratitude and worship.

No comments: